The Montana Main Street Program and the Community Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) are happy to forward along the following training opportunity for Montana communities:
Attend the Community Builders Leadership Institute!
Apply by Friday, August 25
In today’s challenging economy, communities are looking for creative ways to create and maintain jobs, spur quality development, and do more with fewer resources. The need to connect community and economic development is stronger than ever.
Working with dynamic trainers and facilitators, teams will gain practical knowledge on the nuts and bolts of building stronger communities. Participants will leave the CBLI with a better understanding of ways to align community planning and economic development, lessons learned from successful projects, and a clear plan of action for next steps in their community.
- Who: The Community Builders Leadership Institute (CBLI) is a training for local leaders who recognize that the economic landscape has changed, but remain committed to building livable communities. Teams from Montana and Idaho may apply.
- What: Over two and a half days, the CBLI engages community teams of six to eight participants in an intensive workshop that builds leadership and practical understanding of ways to align community planning and economic development.
- Where: Kalispell, Montana. Red Lion Hotel.
- When: October 25 through 27, 2017
- Cost: The costs of the training, including materials, lodging and most meals are covered through scholarship for acceped teams. Absent this scholarship, the cost per individual to attend is $400. Teams are responsible for their own travel to and from the training.
Apply by Friday, August 25.
Please contact John Lavey for questions and more information: [email protected] or 406-225-0065.